This is the final SBXCOM website, created mainly using XHTML coding, but also some Adobe Dreamweaver to tighten up the details and add features like drop down menus. It features a complete index on all the major aspects of the universe, from a timeline, details on weapons and abilities, tech tree and who played the game.
Like I explained in the concept stage, I used a green and black CRT aesthetic to reflect the retro-futuristic setting of the game, and it's evident throughout the entire website.
The game uses elements and draws inspiration from X-COM, Starcraft, Warcraft and several other (I do not own).
Saturday, 24 March 2012
This is the commentary track I produced when learning to edit audio using Adobe Audition. As any fan of Rifftrax could tell, I was heavily influenced by Mike Nelson's work there, as well as his routine on Mystery Science Theatre 3000. I hope you find it enjoyable.
The PSA being commented on is 'Maintaining Classroom Discipline' (I do not own), which can be found in the link below.
Only a portion of the video is commented on because, unfortunately, assignment limits placed upon me forced me to restrict the audio length.
Intro and Outro themes are edited from 'Tank' from the Cowboy Bebop Soundtrack (I do not own). I mainly picked it because I wanted a big band style jazz entrance and exit and I really liked the tune.
Monday, 19 March 2012
These menus are made for a DVD version the Welcome to Adelaide advertisement, featuring alternate cuts, audio tracks, subtitles, cut content and outtakes. The mockups below were created in Adobe Photoshop and were later used to create the menus in Adobe Encore.
When designing the layout, I went for a grungy, urban look to fit the animated background of the runner against a wall of graffiti that is present in all menus. Again, I wanted to make an animated preview for the alternate cuts and cut content, but I was unable to make it work by the time the deadline hit.
Saturday, 17 March 2012
The main menu is animated, which you can see in an earlier submission, and layout is simple to get around. The links and awards menus are simple and non-interactive, they were just there to display information. The chapter selection screen, however, was where I wanted to do something interesting. I wanted a different background animation to start playing as each chapter was highlighted. Unfortunately, I couldn't get it working by the time the deadline hit, so I had to settle with a simple highlight box around the chapter names.
Monday, 12 March 2012
This title card was made in Adobe Photoshop for a Rifftrax-style commentary project I made for my audio editing class. I'll be getting around to uploading the commentary track at a later date. The design is nice and understated, with an all-black coloration that fits in with the film clip theme I was going for.
Using clips from the PSA being commented on filled up the empty white areas of the background and the film itself, keeping the understated title from being boring. It also provided a neat way to fit in the PSA's title so the viewer knows what they are watching.
This is an animated version of the Atlas News lower third made for the newscast video (which, unfortunately, I am unable to show since the presenter didn't want to be seen) and was created in Adobe After Effects.
This is an animated version of the Atlas News logo made for the newscast video (which, unfortunately, I am unable to show since the presenter didn't want to be seen) and was created in Adobe After Effects.
Sunday, 11 March 2012
This project involved redubbing the audio of an existing video file with ones of my own creation using Adobe Audition. The footage here is an old royalty-free newsreel I found called 'Wings over Italy'. I did the voice-over and the effects (as you could probably tell).
The background music is from 'The Battle of Britain' soundtrack. I do not own the footage or the music.
Wednesday, 7 March 2012
These are mockups of a title and icon for a website called GameSymbol. They wanted a title and icon similar to that of GameSpot, so I tried to imitate some of their characteristics without directly copying them (the G inside a symbol and the spaced letters primarily). They also wanted a symbol to replace the O in Symbol. Specifically, two rings, one silver, one gold, one inside the other.
I hope to further refine them, such as adding engravings to the rings. However, that is ultimately up to the client.
Tuesday, 6 March 2012
For this project, I was asked to make a Coat of Arms in 3ds Max and animate a 360 degree rotation. The image started life as a vector image in Adobe Illustrator before I turned it into the framework for the 3D model you see here. The eagles in the corners were especially hard to model.
Sunday, 4 March 2012
This is one of five chapter animations I created for a DVD on how to use Mozilla Firefox (I do not own) created in Adobe After Effects and used in Adobe Encore. The other animations are the same except with different chapter numbers and titles, so uploading them all would be a tad redundant.
This animation was created for a DVD on how to use Mozilla Firefox (I do not own) created in Adobe After Effects and used in Adobe Encore. It was made to play once the DVD was played and to loop in the background of the main menu.