Saturday 17 March 2012

Guide to Firefox DVD Menus

When creating my Guide to Firefox DVD, I first made these menu mockups in Adobe Photoshop to be imported into Adobe Encore. When deciding the aesthetic, I chose to go with my usual minimalist approach, which worked well with Mozilla's own sense of minimalism, but this time, I wanted to do something bright, colourful and inviting. To that end, I used the dominant colours of the Firefox logo for the colour scheme.

The main menu is animated, which you can see in an earlier submission, and layout is simple to get around. The links and awards menus are simple and non-interactive, they were just there to display information. The chapter selection screen, however, was where I wanted to do something interesting. I wanted a different background animation to start playing as each chapter was highlighted. Unfortunately, I couldn't get it working by the time the deadline hit, so I had to settle with a simple highlight box around the chapter names.



No comments:

Post a Comment